Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rejoice in Our Weakness

Father God, forgive us this day for the anger we have had towards our brothers and sisters in Christ, and even towards our enemies. Forgive us for how we have lacked when you have called, and how we have ignored when you have spoken. May you make us new great Trinity. Will you now cleanse us of all things we have done evil that we have known were evil, along with those things which we are unaware of. For our bodies so easily forget the iniquity we have committed. Cleanse us today Father and may your violent love not allow us to fall any further than we have this day. Oh God! Thank you for your grace and mercy in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

With some things, I am a perfectionist. The first example that comes to mind is these blog posts I write. Many times, I have not liked the quality of my posts, I have found them to be, for lack of a better term, dumb and unappealing. However, when it comes to the cleanliness of my room, I am less than a perfectionist, anyone living with me will agree with that statement. I'm not so much a perfectionist in the way that I try and make everything perfect, but I am a perfectionist in the way I think many Christian's are -- that is, we get annoyed or frustrated with ourselves when we see imperfections in who we are. Such as sin, a temper, or things such as this. Strive to not be a perfectionist, for the purpose God has created us for often requires that we be less than perfect.

This does not mean that you must go about your life, messing up on purpose so that God can work through you, but it is a humbling of yourself to realize your going to mess up. All Christian's must admit to their mistakes, I am sick of hearing my brothers and sisters brag about how wonderful they are at certain deeds, and I'm sick of hearing myself commit such an act. This is not the will of God. We should cut off all of our pride and admit to the sins we commit daily, for we aren't tricking anyone but ourselves. Others see our pride, and it is a terrible representation of Christ. When we, my brothers and sisters, are prideful, we will never truly understand the greatness of God because we assume part of ourself to be God. Through perfectionism, we assume that we have the ability to do something perfect, we are so mistaken! Quit rejoicing in the things you have done right unless you are boasting about the ways God has worked in your life. Boast about our weaknesses and the ways we have messed things up and then tells others how Christ has changed us and chosen us to be his servant though we are so unworthy.

God works the most when we are weak, so pray for weakness, that we may boast in Christ. And through boasting in Christ and not of ourselves, may others see the joy we have in being Children of God though we are not worthy to be such.

"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Get Reformed Commentaries in your Inbox

Join others who want to grow spiritually through Bible Study lessons, direct from Mike.