Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

expected ignorance


I believe I am speaking,
But the evidence proves me wrong.
I can feel my throat vibrations
And even hear my song.

Clouded eyes look past the song,
Into their own abyss,
As if the song I sing
Is completely being missed.

Is it no longer of importance?
Or did it start like this?
Did the clouded eyes of conversation
Simply lose interest?


I give up trying,
For they have been lost.
Perhaps tomorrow, one more go,
But will agony be the cost?
Walking away to go home and rest,
Glancing into the streets;
A cursed vision bestowed
Upon these starlit pupils.

What vision did I see you ask?
One of glory perhaps?
Or maybe it was my beloved friend?
If it was, I wish not to comprehend.

The horror was too great,
Too full of hate,
Too full of shame,
Too full of a desire to be selfish with fame.

I saw children walking with parents,
The Children’s eyes starlit with prospect.
The parent’s eyes dark and lost,
A curse to the blessed elect.

The Children talked to their parents,
Unaffected by the world,
Listening for listening,
But finding only ignorance.

“Is this the way of the world?”
The children thought,
Ignorance beginning to take its’ toll.
“It must be okay, this is what our parents have wrought.”

The parents completely unaware
Of the way they used to be:
As their children are now,
Searching for hope and someone who can truly see.

But this is the way of the world,
We do not care what others speak,
We wait for what we say next,
We look but do not seek.

I will not try to sing again,
My voice is worn out,
In silence I will sit,
That others may be heard out.

No comments:

Get Reformed Commentaries in your Inbox

Join others who want to grow spiritually through Bible Study lessons, direct from Mike.